Sunday, April 3, 2011

Week 1: Free Post

My free post this week deals a little more with copyright. Some questions that I still have are:
Are there any original thoughts left?
What happens if you create something you feel is original, but someone claims it was copied from something you have never seen or heard? (ie: J.K. Rowling lawsuit...)

As a person who works better with images and colors, I have things pop into my head all of the time. Are these my own original thoughts or are they a compilation of images from my subconscious that have been in storage for years? How do you know the difference? Does the arm of copyright law disappear if subconscious images smoosh together into something else, or can anyone at any time be sued if someone can make some connection to another work? I am so glad I am not a lawyer that has to handle copyright cases; I think I would go batty!

1 comment:

  1. Truth be told, to paraphrase King Solomon, there is very little that is really original in the world... but that is not meant as a reason for dispair but just the beginning scenario which one is wanting to change. Go forth and conquer!

    ReplyDelete