Thursday, September 2, 2010

BP2_iGoogleScreenShots





I started my iGoogle page in our first class with Dr. Wyly. Before then I had not used Google for anything other than a search engine (and that was only when I wanted images). After creating my initial iGoogle page I have found myself logging in just to see my cat picture and famous quote of the day from the gadgets I have added. Now having added tabs for ETC, AR, and a special tab for FSO, I will be able to keep everything super organized. I LOVE having stuff well organized and right at my fingertips; it makes everything less stressful! Right now the new tabs are very bare bones, but will be beefed up as the class progresses and I find more links and gadgets appropriate for each tab. Also after setting up the new tabs and adding links to them, it is like a physical 3 ring binder, only this is MUCH lighter and not as cumbersome when adding new information. It is also more accessible since you can access it from any computer with an Internet connection and not have to carry around a heavy, bulky book.
I think this would be a great tool for schools to start utilizing. It would keep the students organized without having to manually check their teachers web pages everyday. It would also allow them to find their own gadgets to add to the pages that the teacher may not know about yet. As an Art teacher my students could create tabs for different media or sections of the Art world (such as history, museums, artists, etc.). 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tiffany,
    I really like your background to your blog. The books are cool. Also, I like your enthusiasm for the tabs on iGoogle. You're right, they are like a 3-ring binder. I spent today organizing my safari bookmarks into Diigo! They are becoming super organized. I think that is the key to the Web 2.0. Organizing the information. How else will we be able to manage it all?

    I was once in charge of reorganizing the non-fiction section of a town library. Moving the books, that is, not creating a new Dewey Decimal System, but rather using it. It was cool. Doing this week's activities reminded me of that time in my life. That, and your book background! Have a great week!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete