Thursday, September 2, 2010

BP_DiigoGroup


I'm not really sure what I am supposed to be blogging about with this post. I created an account with Diigo, which was SUPER easy to do, and am now a member of a few other groups and even have a few followers. I do think it will be a useful organization tool for my Action Research project once I start playing around with the features. Since I will be dealing with many people, many sources of information, and tracking data I will need something that is simple to use, add to, access and can hold everything I will be throwing that direction.
I am planning to start a mentoring program that will be sustainable as long as the guidance counselor(s) keep the base information updated. I will utilize junior students as mentors to freshmen students. They will be doing something similar to my job (college access advisor) but not on as large a scale. My goal is to start with these grades so as they progresses to the next grade there will always be students that have had a part in the mentoring program. If the program is successful and maintained, the high school I will be working with will be the only one in the area that I know of housing a college access program on their own. I think that if I become familiar with Diigo’s features and make it a point to store and organize my information there, I will be less stressed and able to create a functioning program where students learn and stay active for years to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment